Monday, December 6, 2010

What a week!


    Can you believe Gideon is already an entire week old?! Matt and I are still in awe of the fact that he is actually here! The past week has been a bit more eventful than we would have wished. Saturday afternoon we had to go back to the hospital with Gideon. The pediatrician said he'd lost weight and was dehydrated, causing his jaundice levels to rise. We left straight from the doctor's office and headed back to the hospital. The car ride there felt like an emotional roller coaster. I kept thinking how wild it is that something so incredibly amazing  can be so utterly terrifying at the same time. Like the longest bungee jump ever. I'm the type of person who likes a five step plan for everything, very cut and dry, a+b=c, follow recipes exactly, and so on. There is NO five step procedure for anything with babies. Anything can happen. I guess what I am trying to say is that after only one week, God is already quickly breaking me of my perfectionist/ control freak personality. 
     Needless to say, after another night of carefully monitoring his eating and weight, we were allowed to come home. It's SO good to be back home. Now we're able to enjoy some time with Matt's parents, Mimi and Papa. They'll be here for another week and we're so glad to see them and for a few helping hands. 
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

2 comments:

  1. praise the Lord. hang in there megan! You are are already making an amazing mommy! Please more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad yall are home and enjoying family time! You guys make a beautiful family of THREE!

    ReplyDelete