It's official. Gideon is two months old! Can you believe it?! I went to the doctor today and he's finally hit the 4 kilogram (9 lbs) mark! He's still in the bottom 5th percentile for his age, but he's finally gaining. He's also 23 inches long, putting him in the 50th percentile where height is concerned. He's doing great, just a little skinny :)
Here are a few pics from yesterday...
Not a fan of tummy time...
All that playing wears a little boy out!
In other news, I started going to a baby club on Tuesdays. It's mostly ex-pat moms hanging out and getting to know each other while their babies play for a few hours. It's also a great place to talk about the struggles and victories of both motherhood and living in a foreign country. Each week, I'm reminded of how diverse this city is. I've met mothers from the U.K, Slovenia, Slovakia, Norway, Germany, Azerbaijan, and America while I'm sure many other countries are also represented. I can't wait to get to know these moms better! They seem like such a sweet group of women!
Drama of the week: The Forum was broken into. Most likely, the perps live in the building and have noticed when people are and aren't there. They probably assumed, as many here do, that because we're Americans we've got loads of money. Breaking into our flat must mean scoring tons of electronics and cash. Boy, were they wrong!! I would've loved to see their faces when, after throwing open every drawer and cabinet door in every room, their loot consisted of about fifty dollars, a scoop of nutella, and a piece of old cheese. HA! I'll bet they won't try that again!
That's about all I've got for you today. Have a great week!











I cant believe Gideon is 2 months old already! So precious!
ReplyDeleteLook at that sweet boy! He is so sweet...I can't wait to get my hands on him....but for now will cover him in prayers. We love you guys and continue to pray for you!
ReplyDelete