She's HERE! Charlotte Mae Brewer entered the world at 8:29 pm on May 4th, weighing in at 7 pounds and six ounces, and measuring 20 inches long! Not bad for being born three weeks early!
Here's the story:
Thursday morning, I told Matt I thought my water might have broken, but that I wasn't sure. (Sounds dumb, I know, but it's not always really obvious.) I told him to go to work and that I'd call him if I started having contractions...Well, nothing else happened, so I figured it was a false alarm. I had my weekly doctor's appointment the next morning. After a quick check from my doctor, she confirmed that my water had broken slightly and that I needed to be induced to prevent any risk of infection for the baby. Yay! I'd wanted Charlotte to come early, but definitely didn't think she'd be this early! I arrived at the hospital around 12:30, but because the hospital was packed (apparently due to the crazy Super moon that night) I didn't get into a room until around 2:00. A little pitocin, an epidural, and 2 pushes later...Charlotte entered the world!
Big brother meeting Charlotte for the first time!
One proud Papa!
*Charlotte Mae Brewer*
We were released from the hospital Sunday afternoon. Matt and I were incredibly fortunate to have Matt's parents watch after Gideon for us! They were actually supposed to leave to go out of town Friday afternoon, but cancelled their plans for us! Sunday night was our first night together as a family of FOUR! I still can't believe it! Over the course of the week, we had tons of family and friends come by to visit and drop off yummy meals! We are beyond thankful for all that our church family is doing to bless us with meals & a baby shower!
My mom also flew in from FL to help out and love on her newest grand-baby!
Here are a few pics from my grandmother's visit! She and my aunt came down to welcome the first girl grand-baby!
Ahda Mae & Charlotte Mae!
What a great week it's been! We couldn't be more thankful for our TWO kiddos!






No comments:
Post a Comment