Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweets & Shopping

So, I know this is WAY late, but let's talk about Valentine's Day! Normally, I make a huge deal about this day...not because I buy into the hype, but because I love any excuse to give little gifts to my main man, head out for a nice dinner, and eat chocolate! This year was a bit different with Gideon in the mix. We didn't go all out, but we still had a great day! I gave Matt some Milka (the most delicious chocolate you've ever had!) sweets and he gave me these beautiful pink roses! The picture doesn't really do them justice, but they were huge! I also got a gift certificate for a foot massage! Sweet! We ended the day by making some yummy banana pancakes. Couldn't ask for a better day!


(This second part is a little random, but I thought I'd share.)

What does a normal trip to the grocery store look like for you? I imagine mine was quite similar to yours before we moved here...Check out the new routine:
1. Make a list (Always).
2. Grab the cart and reusable bags. 
3. Coat. Scarf. Gloves.
4. Walk 7-8 minutes to tram stop. 
5. Wait on tram.
6. Ride tram 5 stops.
7. Walk 7-8 minutes to store.
8. Shop, hoping my Hungarian is good enough to read labels.
9. Check out, loading each item into reusable bags myself (No bag boy or bags).
10. Haul goods back to tram stop.
11. Wait on tram.
12. Ride tram 5 stops.
13. Walk 7-8 minutes back home.

The Goods:

I know the cart looks a little Me-Maw-esque, but it gets the job done. I must say, it's a bit different without a car, but I do enjoy not wasting so many bags. I also love going to the local market to get fresh fruits, veggies, and meat. I definitely want to make buying from local vendors at farmer's markets a priority when we get back to the States. We've loved it here!

You know I have to include some recent pics of Gideon! Here are a few from his 12 week shoot! I LOVE this outfit!






Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Gideon! He is so adorable! While I have the convenience of Stateside grocery stores we just had a Kroger open a block from our house so during the day I will get my reusable bags (that I love because I always end up with a huge waste of plastic bags) and walk to Kroger to go grocery shopping! I love being able to get out and walk and still get things checked off my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete