I know this is a little late, but I had to share! A few months ago, I hosted a fall cookie swap at The Forum. The party seemed to be quite a hit and many of the women said they'd love to do it again sometime. Well, with Valentine's Day approaching, I knew it would be the perfect time to host another one! I love getting friends (new and old) together to hang out, play a few cheesy games, and chow down on some amazing sweets!
Here's the invitation I designed...
Well, in typical Megan fashion, I had to make something chocolate. Shocker. With Gideon around, I didn't have a ton of time to try new recipes, so I stuck with what I knew; dipping stuff in chocolate. I decided to make what I call sugar sticks. These are super easy and fun to make. Just stick a marshmallow on a skewer, dip in melted white or milk chocolate, cover with nuts, sprinkles, or my personal favorite - more melted chocolate! Then, just chill them in the fridge until hard and serve!
What were my men doing while I was busy in the kitchen? Snoozin'!
Here's my section on the desert table...Sugar sticks and chocolate chip & toffee cookies (Marshmallows are around $5 a bag here, so I only had enough for everyone to have 2 sticks. I felt like I need a little more so I added the cookies!).
Some of the girls scooping up some desserts to take home!
I had a blast at the cookie swap and I think the other ladies did too! I love meeting new people and sharing great recipes! Looking forward to the next one already!












No comments:
Post a Comment