A few weeks ago, a friend told me about a concert for babies at the Palace of Arts here in Budapest. I wasn't sure how Gideon would do, but I'm always up for a new adventure with him!
The Palace of Arts is only a few tram stops away from our flat, so I suited Gideon up, put him in the sling, and off we went! On the way, I met up with of few of my friends and their babies from the baby club G and I go to on Tuesdays. We got there a little early and got prime spots on the carpet :)
There were probably around forty-five or fifty moms and dads with their babies there! A pianist, violinist, and cellist played for us that day. They played a few Disney songs and several classics. The babies actually seemed to be enjoying it!
There were babies eating, sleeping, cooing, rolling around, walking in between babies, and even running under the piano with mom's chasing! None of this seemed to bother the musicians though.
Poor Gideon missed the whole show! He slept through the entire thing! Oh well, maybe he had some neat dreams...
The musicians played for about thirty minutes and then invited everyone up to get a closer look at the instruments. The little ones had a great time banging on the piano and touching the strings of the violin and cello.
After the concert, we walked up to a lookout point by the river...
We had a great time at the baby concert, and I'm really excited about going again. Hopefully, Gideon will stay awake next time!









What a neat idea! I have never heard of anything like that!
ReplyDeleteA baby concert, I love it! How cool - I bet Gideon enjoyed the soothing sounds to sleep to :) I love all the pics, especially the one of him snoozin'!
ReplyDelete